Monday, June 18, 2007

happy father's day

Today (although technically it's Monday, seeing how it's only 10 minutes after midnight, I still feel it's Sunday to me) is Pook's day to shine as a father. I wish I had made him a card and given him a cool present, but I didn't. I stopped making father's day cards (and any other cards) a while ago. My attempt seemed to be useless, seeing how he appreciated my words and actions more than a card and seeing how he never saved them but only set them down where ever he happened to be after the prerequisite "aww, how nice!" comment.

I think his partagas cigars and bike ride with BedHeadSid (BHS) were more meaningful to him as a father. Which is okay with me. I'll just love him and be thankful he's in our lives and loves his family so.

He takes pride in being a father, in being the father of this family, and no commercial holiday is needed to remind him of our appreciation. When Pooks leaves for work, we wish him a good day and kiss and hug him fiercely, hoping our love helps him manage through the day. We miss him terribly when he's gone, and although we are whole people on our own, a part of us is "out there," an understanding that denotes something is "missing" -- the balance of our family is slightly askew. So when Pooks comes home for lunch and from work, our collective "Daddy's home! Hi, Daddy!" greets him, along with hugs and kisses, and we are genuinely glad to see him back home, safe and sound. If we had tails, we'd wag them. That's how much we love our Pooks.


Happy Father's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home