Monday, June 23, 2008

Look Ma, We're On TV!


Last Friday, while the boys had a playdate at Discovery Park, a local newscamerawoman asked us about the new law requiring all children to wear lifevests at the river (the fine is $300 or some crazy amount). BedHeadSid's friend's mom spoke to the lady and had her telegenic self on the news along with footage of the boys by the river.

Here's the link to the video.
http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralObject=775244472

Yes, in the video, that's me standing next to StinkyHeadMonkeyToes, the only kid without a lifevest! As the newslady neared, I very casually slinked away, trying not to get on camera (cuz we all know how the camera adds lbs to the figure, and I am truly only 50 lbs overweight!).

I did speak to the newslady though. I told her that although kids should wear them if they're going into the river and their might not be sufficient supervision (e.g., more kids than parent/caregivers), I emphasized the point that I didn't think parents should be penalized for not having their kid(s) wear a lifevest if the child has a watchful parent looking over the child. that didn't get on the news, however...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home